Megan has a diverse practice that includes commercial law, regulatory work and public law.
She has over ten years’ legal experience and has previously been Counsel Assisting the Solicitor General of the Commonwealth (then Justin Gleeson SC), a Senior Associate at Clayton Utz, a Senior Solicitor at the Crown Solicitor’s Office and a Senior Lawyer at the Australian Government Solicitor. She was also a tipstaff and researcher to Her Excellency the Honourable Margaret Beazley AC QC when Her Excellency was a judge of the NSW Court of Appeal.
Megan holds a Master of Laws from the University of Columbia, New York where she studied on several scholarships and graduated with the highest of academic honours. She graduated from the University of Sydney with First Class Honours in Law and received a number of academic prizes, including the Nancy Gordon Smith Prize for placing among the top five law students at graduation.
Date of admission to the Bar
- Master of Laws (University of Columbia) (James Kent Scholar)
- Bachelor of Laws (University of Sydney) (Hons I)
- Bachelor of Arts (University of Sydney) (University Medal and Hons I)
Areas of practice
- Administrative & public law
- Appellate practice
- Class actions
- Commercial law
- Commissions of Inquiry
- Constitutional law
- Environment planning & property law
- Professional liability
- Trade practices & competition law