Date of admission to the Bar
Melita accepts briefs in all areas of law. She has appeared in courts and tribunals led and unled. Her clients include ASX and overseas listed corporations, high net worth individuals, Australian businesses, state governments and Legal Aid.
Melita was admitted to practice in 2015. Before coming to the Bar, Melita was a Senior Lawyer in the Dispute Resolution Group of the Australian Government Solicitor. She has particular experience in class action litigation, voluminous documentary evidence and complex expert evidence. Melita also worked as a Legal Officer for the Government Legal Department in the United Kingdom, advising on matters arising from Brexit and the COVID-19 pandemic.
Melita obtained a Master of Laws from the London School of Economics and Political Science with Distinction in 2020. She previously worked as the Research Associate to the then Hon. Justice Beech and Hon. Justice Simmonds of the Supreme Court of Western Australia.
Areas of practice
- Administrative & public law
- Class Actions
- Commercial law
- Commissions of inquiry
- Constitutional law
- Environment, planning & property law
- Professional liability
- Trade practices & competition law
- Master of Laws (Distinction) (London School of Economics and Political Science)
- Bachelor of Laws (First Class Honours) (University of Western Australia)
- Bachelor of Arts (First Class Honours) (University of Western Australia/University of Melbourne)